Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Amish Prize

The Amish Prize from MommaFargo arrived the other day.  My two oldest children were with me when I opened the box.  Here is what we saw.

The Amish Prize!
K: What is it? What is it?

RB: Looks like popcorn.

K: What else? What else?

My oldest speaks in duplicate when she gets excited.

I emptied the box.  My youngest came in the room and swiped the box for his armor.  He is eight and still likes to dress up.  He may become an actor or a LARPer.  Jury is  still out on that one.

Here is what we found inside.

The Contents!
My two oldest quickly swiped all the Amish Noise Makers.  With almost 300 pops per sheet and no flash paper or sand residue, they kept themselves occupied for the next 30 minutes making noise.

With the Amish Noise Makers out of the way, the remainder posed for a lineup.

The Prizes: In back from left to right, Gluten Free Homestyle Egg Noodles, Golden Bear Shampoo, Boetjes Stone Ground Mustard, Concannons Chicago Style Gourmet Popcorn, Culinary Lavender, Concannons Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle.  In Front:  Riverboat Whistle

The first to go was the popcorn.  My wife enjoyed it and shared a little with the children that were behaved that day.  I got the peanut brittle.  It's the kind that glues your jaw shut and keeps it shut until all the sugary goodness is dissolved.  I'm havmming smm mmmow.

Mmm Smm gmm mmusarm I hibemm amm.  Okay.. The stone ground mustard I've hidden away.  That'll will come out for brats and sauerkraut this football season.  Sorry kids, you'll have to use the yellow.

I've been using the culinary lavender on my oatmeal in the morning.  It's taken a little getting used to, but I have fresh floral scented breath ALL DAY!.  A definitive plus and a nice change from coffee breath.

The Golden Bear Shampoo doesn't make many suds, but it does have that all day hold in a Something About Mary way.  I'm also much more attractive to ants and bees after using it.

The Riverboat whistle has been overlooked by the children, and I do not intend to draw their attention to it.  I think we'll save it for the youngest due in November.

The egg noodles we're having for dinner tonight.  It's a family favorite..Beef Stroganoff.  My oldest is gluten intolerant..so she can have the noodles this time! Aw yeah...less for me..wait what?  Dang.

Thanks for the gifts MommaFargo.  Hopefully, you smiled at least once reading this.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO. You made me almost pee my pants. Love your humor. I was thinking you should try the Golden Bear Shampoo on your oatmeal and the culinary lavender with rosemary on chicken. Just a thought. Sorry I am so slow to get around here. oy oy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO. You made me almost pee my pants. Love your humor. I was thinking you should try the Golden Bear Shampoo on your oatmeal and the culinary lavender with rosemary on chicken. Just a thought. Sorry I am so slow to get around here. oy oy

    ReplyDelete