Friday, September 6, 2013

The Smartest?

Intelligence in terms of ability has value.

Knowing where your knowledge ends has even more value.

Some people think they are smart, and overestimate their own intelligence and ability.

"I'm a better speechwriter, than my speechwriters."-B. Obama

Rosslyn Smith has this post over at American Thinker, it also ties into this one by Jim Geraghty at NRO.

From Rosslyn Smith:
"In the run up to WWI, European leaders were pretty much playing an insider's game of one-upmanship...... The major difference between those leaders and the West's leader's today seems to be that the leaders in 1913 felt they were entitled to rule by Divine Right. Political leaders in 2013 leaders seem to feel almost as entitled because they are certain they are smarter than everyone else."
From Jim Geraghty:
"They looked out at the world at the end of the Bush years, and didn’t see tough decisions, unsolvable problems, unstable institutions, restless populations, technology enabling the impulse to destabilize existing institutions, evil men hungry for more power, and difficult trade-offs. No, our problems and challenges were just a matter of the previous hands running U.S. foreign policy not being smart enough."

This blog is titled Fargo's Brilliant One, but I know I'm not the smartest.When I was 17, I knew everything about everything and I've gotten steadily dumber ever since.
"I may not be a smart man, but I know what foreign policy is." -F. Gump
Okay, that quote may not be exactly what Forrest said, but I think he would be making better decisions about Syria than our Dear Leader who is an embodiment of the Peter Principle.

This would be funny if it were fiction, instead it just damn scary.







1 comment:

  1. LOL. Great post! I love it. And yes, you are brilliant. And yes, you know what foreign policy is. Might I suggest you run for office?

    ReplyDelete