Saw a video at Cracked today. They're poking fun a Steve Buscemi's looks. The clip is supposed to be the director giving direction to Steve while filming Fargo. Language warning for the clip.
Now Steve Buscemi is one of my favorite actors. I like him a lot, and that was before I knew he was a volunteer fire fighter in NY.
My favorite actors are typically character actors. I don't know why that is. Maybe it's my contrarian nature to focus on the asides and glance over the main theme of a film.
Here's a list of my favorites in no particular order.
1) Steve Buscemi: His characters seem to know they've been given a raw deal in life, but don't effing care. Alway making the best of the situation. Remember, Mr. Pink was the only one to leave the barn alive. His character in Desperado didn't make it to the end, but the film opening is just awesome. And don't forget Fargo.May your weekend be what you need.
2) Oliver Platt: Loved him in Gun Shy (2000) with Liam Neeson and Sandra Bullock. Actually the whole therapy group was pretty good.
3) S.Z. Sakall: A favorite curmudgeon. Enjoy him in the film In the Good Old Summertime (1949). Buster Keaton is in the film as well. "I'll bring you your Stradivarius, Uncle."
4) Paul Guilfoyle: He is your everyman. Best known for his CSI role of late.
5) Gary Sinise: He's less of a character actor anymore. Will always remember Lt. Dan. Liked him even more as the bad guy in Ransom. His character's Morlocks and Eloi reference help spell out the character's motivation.